Ebonyi Governor Suspends local Government Chairman For Demolishing Church

The Ebonyi State governor,
David Umahi , has
suspended the caretaker
committee chairman of
Ikwo Local Government
Area , Joseph Orogwu , for
allegedly demolishing a
church .
The Commissioner for
Information , Emmanuel
Onwe , disclosed this
Friday .
Mr . Onwe , who said the
suspension was immediate
and indefinite , noted that
the chairman had been
directed to hand over to
the next senior officer in
the council .
It was reliably gathered that a branch of Believers Love World INC
aka Christ Embassy Church
in front of the Federal
University , Ndufu Alike
Ikwo ( FUNAI ) , was
demolished recently by
some agents of the
government .
The governor is a staunch
member of the Christ
Embassy Church and one
of its major financiers in
the state .
When contacted , the
chairman denied
involvement in the
demolition .
He said on the day of the
demolition he received a
call that some people were
demolishing the church .

“ I quickly dashed to the
scene and when I got there
I met some men carrying
out the demolition , ” the
suspended chairman said .
“ When I accosted them ,
they said they were staff of
Abakaliki Capital Territory
Development Authority
( ACTDA ) and were doing
their duty . ”
He said he tried calling the
Chairman of the Board of
ACTDA , Fred Udogu , but
his phone was switched
off .
Mr . Udogwu refused to
comment on the issue .
“ I am yet to get details of
what transpired so I can ’ t
comment until I get the full
details ”, he told PREMIUM
TIMES .
Mr . Orogwu ’ s suspension
is the fourth suspension of
a government official by
the governor in his about
nine - month old
administration .
Source : PremiumTimes

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural Ways to Tighten your Vagina and Keep it Tight

I Wish I Could Get an Opportunity to Use My Legs Again…Yinka Ayefele