‘I Met $3.7 Billion In Reserve, While Buhari Met $30 Billion’ – Obasanjo By Doy

Former President Olusegun
Obasanjo has dismissed
calls by a group demanding
that he accounts for Abacha
loot recovered by his
administration. In an
interview published on
Vanguard , the former military
general described such
persons as “illiterates and
stupid people”.

Speaking over the weekend,
Obasanjo said the role of his
office was to facilitate the
recovery process and not
how it was put to use.
“They said the money
recovered from Abacha, I
should account for it. What
stupidity! The man who
asked for it, the man who
gave the judgement or who
answered them are all stupid,
with due respect.
“I don’t keep account, all
Abacha loots were sent to
Central Bank of Nigeria, CBN,
and every bit of it was
reported to Minister of
Finance. My job was to write
where we can get help to
recover the money.
“Every penny that comes out
of it went to CBN, so if they
want to know what happened
to the money, they should
call CBN governor or call the
Minister of Finance.

“But again, it shows
ignorance, total ignorance,
which is lacking and you
wonder, are these people
educated? They can also
approach the man who
helped us in recovering
process to give the list of
money recovered and where
he took it,” Obasanjo said.
Buhari Luckier Than Me
While commenting on oil
prices, Obasanjo said
President Muhammadu
Buhari was lucky comparing
Buhari’s opportunities with
his own.

“When I assumed office in
1999, I inherited $3.7 billion
in reserve, while Buhari met
$30 billion, almost 10 times
of what I met then, and the
price of oil then was $9.
When it got to $20, I was
dancing.
“I know the price is down
now and with time, it will
jump up again. What Buhari
is doing currently is preparing
ground for Nigeria to take
advantage when it goes up
again,” he maintained.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Natural Ways to Tighten your Vagina and Keep it Tight

I Wish I Could Get an Opportunity to Use My Legs Again…Yinka Ayefele